MMUN has created an important opportunity to learn how to prepare students as delegates to a MMUN Conference while also observing delegates in action. The workshop will be held in conjunction with the MMUN Chicago Conference.
Teachers will learn how to introduce Global Citizenship into their classroom, observe student delegates caucus, negotiate and generate resolutions to real issues on the UN Agenda.
Come see why MMUN has been called “a life-changing experience” by teachers, students and parents.
April 4-6, 2018
The Conference and Workshop is organized around three days:
|4th April 2018||• Workshop begins, 7pm-9pm||Sheraton Grand Chicago|
|5th April 2018||• MMUN Opening Ceremony-9am-10:00am
· Workshop Session 10:00-12:30
· Lunch 12:30-2pm
· Observation in Committee Rooms 2pm-2:30pm
· Workshop Session 2:30pm-5pm
· Optional Cultural Night 7-8:30pm
|Sheraton Grand Chicago|
|6th April 2018||• Workshop Session -9am
• Observation in Committee Rooms-9:15am-9:45am
• Workshop Session 9:45-12:30pm
• Lunch 12:30-2pm
• Observation 2pm-2:30pm
• Workshop Session 2:30pm-5pm
• Closing Ceremony 7-8:30pm
|Sheraton Grand Chicago|
During the 3 days of the workshop, participants will learn:
- How the United Nations, the largest humanitarian organization in the world, functions;
- How to purposively extend research, writing and oral communications skills.
- How to further develop critical thinking skills, problem solving skills and evaluative skills.
- How to engage students in debate of current global issues and world problems.
- How to apply and practice leadership skills including collaboration and negotiation in a real life global situation.
- How to discover and communicate facts, not just opinions.
- The importance of peace and conflict resolution throughout the world while developing the students’ own conflict resolution, negotiation, public speaking and debating skills.
Special Package for the MMUN Teacher Workshop includes registration and 2 room nights at the Sheraton Grand Hotel in Chicago where the MMUN Conference is being held:
For Two nights: April 4 and 5th
$499 in a double room
$699 in a single room
For Three nights: April 4, 5, 6th
$719 in a double room
$919 in a single room
To register for the Chicago teacher workshop, please register as an individual “visitor” to the Chicago Conference and when you are in Step 2a, please flag the MMUN Teacher Workshop.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.