Upcoming YIF Teacher Courses
Thank you for your interest in the YIF Program.
YIF Teacher’s Course is the first step of the program that culminates with students presenting their projects to potential partners, investors, mentors and members of the United Nations community at the YIF Showcase event in New York City (March 4th-7th, 2020), where adolescents will showcase their projects for social and environmental change.
There are four stages in the development of civic engagement: Awareness, Understanding, Responsibility, and Action.
At the YIF Teacher Course, we will first raise awareness about the impact of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and then provide project development activities to enable you to unleash the potential of their students.
During the 2.5-day Teacher Course, you will learn how to engage students to identify a problem that deeply concerns them and will be provided with the tools to fully implement their projects:
- How to build teams and networks to tackle specific social issues
- How to write SMART Goals and apply them to their projects
- How to create a business plan
- How to create a budget and “business pitch” for their projects
- How to utilize social media for marketing and fundraising
- How to put it all together as an Implementation Plan to be presented at the Youth Impact! Forum
You will be briefed by UN experts on the SDGs
We look forward to seeing you at our many Courses throughout the year!
Stay Tuned – Dates To Be Announced
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org