For Montessori Teachers and Chaperones
Teachers and Chaperones, who have attended at least one MMUN Conference, are invited to attend the MMUN Bureau Leadership Course on May 14th, 15th and 16th during the MMUN Chicago Conference.
Our goal is to educate teachers and chaperones to take on the role of the MMUN Bureau so that our conference is truly anchored in Montessori practices and principles.
Just as a dedicated Montessori faculty is the core of a successful Montessori school, it is equally important for MMUN. The professionalism of the Committee Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and Rapporteurs may look easy, but it is the result of having been coordinators or delegates and then learning the role and responsibilities for the MMUN Bureau. As a Committee Chair, Vice-Chair, or Rapporteur, your MMUN conference fees and room at the annual event will be waived and you will receive a per diem for meal expenses. For the MMUN Bureau, the MMUN conference fees are waived and hotel accommodations are provided.
Bring a colleague or a friend: it is a unique opportunity to attend an MMUN Bureau Leadership course for free!
- This MMUN Bureau Leadership Course is only for adults and we have structured the course so that all TC or Chaperones taking the course may still be able to gather their delegates from the committee session. Even if you are just curious about the work of the Bureau, you are invited to attend. We need more teachers to come support our work in the committee session. Please join us in creating these unique opportunities for student development. The course work will take place at the Sheraton on May 15th and May 16th (Friday and Saturday) of the conference, except for the first meeting which will be at the Aloft from 5:00 – 7:00 on Thursday, May 14th.
- May 14th, 15th and 16th, 2020
- The course is free with conference registration.
- Create a visitor registration and then select to attend the on-site Bureau Leadership Course (or through the School group if you are attending with a school group).
- Online registration ends on December 10th, 2019.
- Teacher manual and training materials are included.
- Your registration package includes one MMUN Bureau Leadership manual and training materials.
Sheraton Grand Chicago
Address: 301 E North Water St, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Need directions? Click here
Click here for more information about the MMUN Bureau Leadership Course schedule.
Are you wondering about the dress code for the MMUN Bureau Leadership Course? Click here
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org