BEFORE YOU START:
- Make sure that you are an MMUN certified teacher (you will be asked to confirm this as well as provide information on your training before creating your credentials for log-in process).
- Make sure you have understood and accept MMUN’s service conditions.
Recommendation: complete as soon as possible from September 18th as conferences usually fill up fast!
1.1 USE YOUR OLD CREDENTIALS OR CREATE YOUR LOG-IN CREDENTIALS
1.2 ENTER ALL CONTACT DETAILS
E-mails are our preferential tool for communication, so please make sure all details are correct! Also note that SMS text messages are now possible for some key communications.
1.3 SELECT SCHOOL LEVEL
Upper Elementary, Middle School or Both.
1.4 SELECT THE COUNTRIES YOUR STUDENTS WILL REPRESENT
Your country choices depend upon the final number of students participating. Please consult the below matrix to identify potential matches between your student delegation size and the available countries with indicated number of delegates. If you have an odd number of students, you need to choose a country with the higher even number of delegates. In this case, you will have a single delegate for one committee.
1.5 PAY SCHOOL REGISTRATION FEE
And SAVE YOUR DATA for the Next Step.
Congratulations you have successfully enrolled your school!
After you have completed your school registration, you will have a flurry of activities for the first three months covering:
Student Academic Preparation:
We suggest using the first three months to concentrate on students’ country and topic research, including drafting, peer-editing, and final editing of the position papers. During this time, the delegates will build the foundation for their future negotiations. The more informed a delegate is the more impact they will make during committee session. Here are links on preparing students, as well as the guidelines for writing informed position papers.
- If you have a committee with only one delegate, we suggest asking for a volunteer who would be interested in this leadership opportunity. Successful past delegates in this situation have usually been articulate, strong communicators who enjoy challenges.
- These single delegation representatives on a committee are responsible for both position papers.
- Only delegates which have submitted position papers will be able to participate in committee session.
- The final deadline for position papers is 6 weeks before the conference.
If you are still compiling your fundraising options to offset costs for participation, please consult our website and infographic on Fundraising_Ideas.
As you begin to plan your delegations travel plans, please:
- Consult our page on USA Visa Application or ITALY Visa Application to understand whether anyone will require a visa. MMUN will provide you with a VISA letter if needed.
- Ensure that your travel plans are coordinated with the conference schedule.
Discover our post-conference tour packages:
- Official New York City Tour in February
- Official New York City Tour in March
- Italy Hands on Educational Tours
Discover our ModelUN.News Workshops: different options are available for teachers and students at each conference.
And their housing configuration
Recommendation to avoid extra charges: complete this step prior to December 15th for:
NYC Conference in February 2018
NYC Conference in March 2018
Rome Conference in May 2018
Earlier completion of this step ensures maximum accommodation options.
2.1 LOG-IN AND RESUME YOUR REGISTRATION
2.2 REGISTER SINGLE PARTICIPANTS
Ensure that you have entered the spelling of each of your participants names correctly (delegates and non-delegates) to avoid issues with badges, certificates, and room conflicts. All school delegation participants should be included in this registration: MMUN Coordinator(s), Chaperones, and Delegates.
2.3 CHOOSE THE BEST ACCOMMODATIONS
Conference packages have been bundled for your convenience and to optimize savings for venue and room costs. Check the details on room configurations and pricing for the conference, as well as shoulder night details.
2.4 SIGN-UP FOR ANY OPTIONAL POST CONFERENCE ACTIVITIES OF INTEREST
Discover our post-conference tour packages:
Discover our ModelUN News Workshops
2.5 PAY REGISTRATION FEES
Various payment options are available for both conference packages and extra add-ins. Moreover, installment payments are possible.
Please note: full payment must be settled before the deadline for Step 3.
2.6 SAVE YOUR DATA FOR THE NEXT STEP
Congratulations you have successfully secured your accommodations for your delegates!
In the last three months of the conference, you will be focused on:
Student Academic Preparation:
Finalizing student preparation, especially the rules of procedure. This practice helps delegates become comfortable with the formality of the process and assists them in honing their negotiation and public speaking skills. Here is a link to some suggestions on how to practice committee session in your classroom.
- The final deadline for position papers is 6 weeks before the conference. Remember only delegates who have submitted position papers may participate in committee session (delegates representing their country alone during committee session, must complete both position papers).
Decision on Optional Students Activity Participation:
- Student Performances (solo or group) at the Cultural Exchange Night. Showcase either your native or your MMUN country’s culture through a performance of music, theatre or dance.
- T-shirt Design Contest : Create an original T-shirt design which conveys how children can contribute or lead to finding solutions to the world’s problems.
Finalize Your Input for the Conference & Settle Any Outstanding Payments
Recommendation: complete ideally two months before the conference, and no later than:
January 5th, 2018 for NYC Conference in Febuary
February 9th, 2018 for NYC Conference in March
March 14th, 2018 for Rome Conference in May
3.1 LOG-IN AND RESUME YOUR REGISTRATION
3.2 COMMUNICATE DELEGATES ASSIGNMENTS TO COMMITTEES
3.3 UPLOAD POSITION PAPERS
Provide delegate position papers.
MMUN Bureau members will review and provide feedback where necessary on suggested edits for the papers.
3.4 SEND YOUR FLIGHT INFORMATION TO MMUN
Please provide your flight details so that we can allocate an appropriate dedicated time-slot for your registration check-in, in order to reduce waiting times.
3.5 COMMUNICATE ASSIGNED FLAG BEARERS
Communicate to MMUN the names of two delegates of your delegation that will be the flag bearers at the Opening Ceremony. These delegates will need to be available for rehearsals before the opening ceremony – see the conference schedule for the details.
3.6 PARTICIPATE IN THE T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST (OPTIONAL)
At each MMUN conference, students have the opportunity to submit an original concept design for a T-shirt. Submit your students designs for the T-shirt Design Contest
3.7 PERFORM AT CULTURAL EXCHANGE EVENT (OPTIONAL)
Submit your schools’ application for Cultural Exchange Night (including any soundtrack files required)
3.8 PRINT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION
Please print your confirmation – which contains a QR-code, as well as, all the completed actions on your dashboard (registrant names, country assignments, rooming lists, room types, etc.) – before coming to the on-site registration.
Congratulations you have successfully finalized all the registration steps!
MMUN will be in contact with additional details on the conferences.
If you need additional information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org