MMUN Galapagos Environmental Summit
Dates to be confirmed
Galapagos is the inspirational place for Darwin’s theory of Natural Selection, and it is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. These are some of the many reasons why we have selected Galapagos as the location for our second MMUN Environmental Summit.
The Galapagos Islands are located in the Pacific Ocean, 650 miles off the coast of Ecuador in South America. They are isolated from any other island group or land form. Located at the confluence of three ocean currents, the Galapagos are a ‘melting pot’ of marine species. These islands are home for dozens of species of both plants and animals found nowhere else in the world.
Evening guided discussions will be held at the hotels to discuss and review each day of exploration. Listed below are some of the topics to be discussed:
- How Ecuador and the Galapagos Park have worked for the conservation of Marine life ,Land animals and Plant life;
- Global Recycling and waste disposal policies and their effectiveness/ineffectiveness;
- Darwin’s theory of Natural Selection and the unique elements of Marine life, Land Animals, Plant life in Ecuador and the Galapagos;
- How students can create conservation efforts in their community to protect wildlife, marine life, plant life and the environment in general;
AM: Arrival at San Cristobal Island Airport and transfer to boat
PM: San Cristobal Island Puerto Chino or Breeding Center Jacinto Gordillo
AM: Santa Fe Island
PM: South Plaza Island
AM: Santa Cruz Island – Charles Darwin Station
PM: Santa Cruz Island – Twin Craters
AM: Isabela Island – Sierra Negra Volcano
PM: Isabela Island – Wetlands, Wall of Tears and Tortoise Breeding Station
AM: Isabela Island – Moreno Point
PM:Isabela Island – Tagus Cove
AM: Fernandina Island – Espinosa Point
PM: Isabela Island – Vicente Rocca Point
AM: Santiago Island – Espumilla Beach or Bucanero Cove
PM: Bartholomew Island
AM: North Seymour
PM: Transfer to the Baltra Airport – Fly home
Exclusive tour to MMUN attendees
This is our private tour open exclusively to MMUN attendees.
- Opportunity to interact with students from around the world who have similar interest in Environmental Sustainability.
- Field ecological experience. Students will experience hands-on learning about the interdependency of the ocean, lands and living creatures.
- Daily tours led by highly trained specialists who spent years studying the Galapagos Unique Ecological Environment.
- Students will learn how to create sustainable projects that can be implemented in their community.
- Opportunity to gain University Credit even as a Middle School student. Eastern Washington University recognizes the educational value of this tour program. The University has a format to document the experience that will allow students to achieve 1-2 university credits.
Through Allianze Insurance, our third-party travel protection plan provider, we offer a variety of plans that help protect your educational travel investment. For pricing on travel insurance, please contact Raphael Forestieri at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be served onboard the boat where participants will be lodged.
- Sign up deposit Date TBD
- Remainder dueDate TBD
*Payments are non-refundable
Summit Package includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Full-time services of a professional Tour Director
- Guided sightseeing led by Galapagos Park rangers
- Visits to select attractions as per itinerary
- Galapagos airport pick up and drop off
- All tips
Summit Package does not include:
- Trip insurance. Although it is highly recommended. Send your inquire for group quote to Raphael@nullmontessori-mun.org
- Galapagos Park entrance fee due upon arrival at Galapagos airport
Group Booking Policies
There are 4 cabins on the top decks that have larger windows, which will be assigned to the first adult chaperones that sign up for the Summit. The lower deck rooms only have smaller windows. Every room has its own private bathroom.
The Galaven is an 88 ft. expedition vessel for 20 passengers accommodated in 11 double cabins, all with private bathrooms, air-conditioning and ocean views. It offers spacious outdoor seating areas with sun chairs, large interior dining room and a library equipped with a TV & DVD player for daily briefing and presentations.
For additional information please contact our Operations Director, Raphael Forestieri, at email@example.com