Country Display Boards
ACTIVITY: Students work together to create a display board about the country they will represent at MMUN. Each delegation is required to participate in the Country Display Exhibition by bringing to the conference the Country Display made in class.
GOALS: The main objective of this activity is to help students learn about a foreign country. This activity emphasizes research, brainstorming and teamwork skills. A country display board should help people who visit MMUN learn something about the countries being represented at the conference. It is always more interesting to learn through more than one of your senses, so the displays can be designed to involve not only sight, but also smell, touch, and hearing. Students who plan the displays usually try to give the public not only something to look at, but also something to do.
This display generally contains key national information and background, generally addressing:
- “Fundamental Needs of People Chart” helpful for coming with ideas on what to add to their country display boards;
- Engagement with different senses (sight, smell, touch and hearing);
- Activities for interested individuals to learn more about this country.
TIME: It will take several hours to brainstorm about, develop, and execute the display board.
MATERIALS: Standard tri-fold, free-standing display board. Attention to the display presentation and sizing requirements – trifold or bifold free-standing poster boards are recommended as long as the display dimensions don’t exceed 36″ (width) and 48″ (height).
Examples of what past students have included on their country display boards:
- A map with major landforms, cities, and transportation systems;
- Photographs or hand-drawn pictures of their country’s flag;
- Examples of games, which are played by the children in the country with instructions on how to play;
- Samples of art and crafts that are part of the country’s culture;
- Maps painted by the students with interesting facts about their country’s people, flora, and fauna; and
- Paragraphs briefly telling about the country.
EXHIBITION: The Country Display is exhibited in the conference hallways for all the participants to view and learn about the different delegation countries.
If you have questions that are not addressed on our FAQ page or elsewhere on the website, please contact us at email@example.com