The Walb Student Union at Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne is the official venue for the duration of the MMUN Conference. Participants will lodge at the Holiday Inn Hotel, just 0.6 miles away from IPFW campus.
The Montessori Model UN Program and its conferences are designed for Upper Elementary and Middle School students ages 9-15. Teachers are required to take the MMUN New Teacher Workshop and watch the MMUN4UN Webinar prior to registering a school group to attend any of the MMUN Conferences.
Because the MMUN4UN Webinar Video contains new procedures and policies, all MMUN coordinators whether experienced or new must watch the webinar video to ensure student delegates will be properly prepared for the upcoming MMUN Conferences.
Online Registration for Upper Elementary Level
Opening date: September 19th, 2016 at 10am EST
Registration for MMUN Conferences is a simplified multi-step online process, and our brand new automated system will lead you through each step of the way. To ensure a successful and trouble-free registration experience, please click here to read step-by-step instructions.
School Registration Fee (per school group) + Sign-up Fee (per person) + Conference Package fee (per person)
- School Registration Fee is $180USD per school group.
- Early Sign-up Fee until Jan 16th, 2016 is $125USD* per person + Conference Package fee starting at $150USD** per person due by January 27th, 2017. Select lodging type and occupancy to determine the conference package fee per person.
- Conference package includes: lodging for 2 or 3 nights at the Holiday Inn Hotel, Welcome Meet & Greet with light refreshments on May 17th, all meals on May 18th & 19th. The 3-night package option also includes breakfast on May 20th.
- Conference package DOES NOT include: ground transportation, airfare, airport or hotel transfer.
- Taxes do not apply to conference fees.
- Refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee.
- Fees are not refundable after Dec 16th, 2016.
- Conference registration is NOT complete until all conference fees are paid in full. Registrations will be cancelled and conference packages released if remainder fees are not received by 11:59pm EST on January 27th, 2017.
- Participants registered online are also required to be registered and credentialed on-site.
- New registrations or payments will NOT be accepted past the deadlines or on-site.
* Late Sign-up Fee is $165USD per person.
** Conference Package Fee starting at $150USD per person is based on quadruple occupancy in double queen rooms.
If you are an individual observer, click here for more information
Schools new to MMUN
Schools participating for the first time can only register after attending a MMUN New Teacher Workshop. The MMUN Workshop is a two-day course that will enable teachers to prepare students to attend the MMUN Conferences as delegates. If you have already registered for one of the upcoming MMUN New Teacher Workshops, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the number of students in your group. We will be happy to reserve spots for your students until the date immediate after the completion of your training.
Summary of Important Dates
|December 16, 2016||Refund request deadline|
|January 16, 2017||Early sign up deadline|
|January 27, 2017||Conference Package Fee cut-off date|
|March 22 – April 5, 2017||Position paper submission period|
|April 5, 2017||Participant registration deadline|
|April 10, 2017||Applications for the Cultural Exchange Event and/or T-shirt Design Contest are due|
CLICK HERE to view and/or download a detailed version of the conference deadline calendar.
If you have questions that are not addressed on our this page or elsewhere on the website, please contact us at email@example.com