The Blossom Water Museum Hotel & Convention Center is the official venue for the MMUN China Conference, and where participants will be lodged for the duration of the conference and post-conference tour.
The Montessori Model UN Program and its conferences are designed for Upper Elementary and Middle School students ages 9-15. Teachers are required to take the MMUN New Teacher workshop and watch the MMUN4UN Webinar prior to registering a school group to attend any of the MMUN Conferences.
Because the MMUN4UN webinar video contains new procedures and policies, all MMUN coordinators whether experienced or new must watch the webinar video to ensure student delegates will be properly prepared for all MMUN Conferences.
Unlike other MMUN Conferences, this opportunity is limited to 300 attendees from the east and 300 attendees from the west. MMUN China Conference attendees will benefit from highly discounted fees as a result of a significant subsidy granted by our co-hosts Zhejiang Youjia Shao Er company and the People‘s Government of Hangzhou Xiacheng District.
MMUN schools interested in being a part of this special opportunity must apply first by sending an email to email@example.com answering the following questions:
- Why do your students want to attend the MMUN China Conference?
- How will your students contribute what they learned at the conference on their return home? Please include quotes or written statements by your students.
Online Registration for Middle Schools
Registration opening date: April 3rd
Registration closing date: June 30th or sooner if full capacity is reached.
Registration for MMUN Conferences is a simplified multi-step online process. To ensure a successful and trouble-free registration experience, please click here to read step-by-step instructions.
Early Bird Pricing Extended to July 30th noon EST
- School registration
School registration fee: $260USD per school group
- Participant registration
Conference registration plus 6-night (Oct 2nd-8th) conference package in double or triple accommodations: $695USD per person
Single room supplement for 6-night (Oct 2nd-8th) conference package: $250USD per person
Shoulder night rate: $120USD per room/night **
Late Pricing (after July 30th at 12:01 pm EST)
- School registration
School registration fee: school enrollment ends at noon EST on June 30th
- Participant registration
Conference registration plus 6-night (Oct 2nd-8th) conference package in double or triple accommodations: $895USD per person
Single room supplement for 6-night(Oct 2nd-8th) conference package: $350USD per person
Shoulder night rate**: $150USD per room/night
** Discounted rate will apply to shoulder nights as long as there is availability within the room block. Shoulder nights are September 29th, September 30th, October 1st and October 8th.
** Shoulder night rate includes breakfast and local taxes.
** Shoulder night rate doesn’t include lunch, dinner or airport transfer.
Conference Fees Include
- Conference registration;
- Airport shuttle service from and to Shanghai and Hangzhou airports;
- Hotel accommodations in twin or triple (king + 1 cot bed) rooms at Blossom Water Museum Hotel from October 2nd-8th (6 nights and 7 days);
- All meals from October 2nd-8th (6 nights and 7 days) – starting with dinner on Oct 2nd, ending with breakfast on Oct 8th, and
- A 2-day tour of the historic city of Hangzhou, the capital of Chinese art, medicine and culture. Hangzhou is also the host city of the West Lake, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Terms and Conditions
- Conference fees are MANDATORY for all attendees and composed by the school registration fee (per school group) and participant fee (per person).
- Conference fees include: registration plus 6-night conference package in double or triple accommodations. A double accommodation consists in either a twin or a king room, and a triple accommodation consists in a king room with a cot bed.
- Room type and availability of shoulder nights will be confirmed upon receipt of booking form.
- Conference fees DO NOT include: airfare, visa application fees or any other service not mentioned as included.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee.
- Conference fees are not refundable after June 30th, 2016.
- Conference registration is NOT complete until all conference fees are paid in full. Registrations will be cancelled and conference packages released if conference fees are not received by 12:00pm (noon) EST on August 7th, 2017.
- Payment of conference fees must be processed solely through the MMUN website.
- New registrations or payments will NOT be accepted past the deadline or on-site.
- Participants registered online are also required to be registered and credentialed on-site.
Conference Package Booking Form
In order to secure their lodging arrangements and/or request shoulder nights, MMUN coordinators are required to download, fill out and submit a booking form to MMUN prior to August 7th. For step-by-step instructions to download and electronically submit your booking form to MMUN, please click here.
Schools new to MMUN
Schools participating for the first time can only register after attending a MMUN New Teacher Workshop. The MMUN Workshop is a two-day course that will enable teachers to prepare students to attend the MMUN Conferences as delegates. If you have already registered for one of the upcoming MMUN New Teacher Workshops, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the number of students in your group. We will be happy to reserve spots for your students until the date immediately after the completion of your training.
Summary of Important Dates
|June 30, 2017||Early bird fee and refund deadline|
|August 7, 2017||Payment deadline for conference fees|
|August 7-21, 2017||Position Paper submission period|
|August 21, 2017||Registration dashboard closing date|
|September 4, 2017||Applications for the Cultural Exchange Event and/or T-shirt Design Contest are due|