Share the life-long value of Montessori Model United Nations with your students and school community – become recognized as a School Friend of MMUN!
“Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” H. Ford
The mission behind MMUN stems from the paramount importance of giving youth the tools to use their own voices in pursuit of a better world.
Next year, more than 4,000 student delegates, 1,000 teachers, and parents will attend MMUN’s life-changing conferences, creating experiences which will touch their hearts and broaden their mindsets. MMUN offers us all the potential to achieve success as agents of social change. For this reason, we constantly strive to support our next generation of leaders. In order to achieve MMUN’s mission, we aim to reach more students through the development of our Youth Impact Forum, and through the organization of MMUN conferences in new places around the world.
Over the past decade, MMUN has benefited from the support of schools and teachers who are committed to help us achieve our goals. In recognition of that support, we are pleased to announce the launch of School Friends of MMUN. These schools have demonstrated that they recognize the importance of giving their young students the opportunity to be heard and validated at this early stage of their development. These schools have further recognized that, when given this chance, their students will grow up with the skills and values needed to leave indelible marks upon the world.
The names and cities of School Friends of MMUN will be posted in a special section of the MMUN website with a link to their own webpages. Furthermore, we will provide you with materials to share with your parents which explain the value of an education that includes global citizenship and peace.
By fulfilling two of the requirements below, your school can become a School Friend of MMUN:
- Proactive commitment: Participate in MMUN conferences for 5 or more years. Students are just as capable of engaging in global peace education from the elementary level as they are at the high school and university levels.
- Support sustainable growth: We will provide the tools for you to host an MMUN workshop to grow your impact from within your community. The workshops will help your community understand that the value of the education you are providing goes beyond traditional classroom activity to real-world outreach.
- Leadership process: Encourage former or current students to develop their leadership by serving on the MMUN Bureau. Guided by Montessori principles, MMUN alumni are empowered to lead the committee sessions. After completing their journey as delegates, MMUN will help them develop leadership skills, find, and pursue their life purpose.
If your school would like to join our “Friends” project, send us an email at email@example.com with the following attachments:
– A brief letter describing your journey with MMUN
– Pictures of your delegates at the MMUN conference
– Logo of your school
– Website address of your school
We look forward to working together in building opportunities for all the youth around the world.