2013 Montessori Model United Nations Geneva Conference - Jun 5th - 8th, 2013
At the CICG - Geneva, Switzerland
For Upper Elementary and Middle School Students - Grades 4th to 9th
Welcome to the Registration process for 2013 MMUN Geneva Conference. Please read all instructions carefully as our registration process has recently changed to serve you better. The MMUN registration is a three part process.
Step 1: School Registration
The first step is the “School Registration” and it is where each institution completes the school information, pays the USD $260 school fee, and lists the number of delegates that will attend the conference.
You will then create your school's login and password. Once you enter your school information, you will use the tabs to enter coordinator and delegates information.
Once this step is completed, you will proceed with the country assignments. Go to a drop-down field to choose a country according to your number of delegates. You will then receive a confirmation email with the country assigned for your group.
Step 2: Delegate Listings
The second part of the registration process is the “Delegate Registration.” It includes listing the names of all Delegates and chaperones (parents/teachers) that will attend the conference and completing payment of all registration fees for Delegates and chaperones (parents/teachers), USD $160 for each participant.
- All delegates, parents and teachers fees are due by April 15th, 2013. Late fees will apply after this date without exception. After April 15th, 2013 participants' fees will increase to USD $195 USD.
- No registrations or payments will be accepted after May 15th, 2013.
- Fees are not refundable after April 15th, 2013.
Step 3: Hotel Registration
The third step is the hotel room reservation. MMUN conference attendees may stay at any hotel or hostel in Geneva. MMUN has a block of discounted rooms at the Crowne Plaza Hotel and the Moevenpick Hotel that you may access by clicking here: http://www.montessori-mun.org/geneva-hotel-accommodations.
Summary of Important Registration Dates:
- Schools participating for the first time can only register after attending a MMUN Teacher Workshop.
- The deadline for School Registration is April 15th, 2013.
- Registration fees for all participants will increase to $195 USD after April 15th, 2013.
- No registrations or payments will be accepted after May 15th, 2013. Participants that are not fully registered by May 15th, 2013 will not be able to attend the conference.
To complete Registration for your school, please note:
- The School Registration must be completed by the MMUN Coordinator for each school.
- The Registration System will prompt the MMUN School Coordinator to create a username and password. This feature will allow registration updates and completing registration and payment in different stages.
- The School Coordinator should define the number of delegates that will participate in the conference. Please note all countries have a specific number of delegates required to represent them across committees. Also note that countries as based on two students for committee If you have an odd number of students, you can have one committee with one student or three students.
- Each School Coordinator should review the appropriate Country Matrix depending on the Delegates' age group. Remember that you need to refer to the conference matrix and the background guides to guide your students through the topics applied to their committees. Click here to view the Geneva Conference Matrix. If you need help understanding the Matrix please contact
- Checks are no longer accepted as payment of registration fees. Please use a credit card through the new online registration system.
- MMUN organizers will be officially notified of their assigned countries for your school by e-mail. You will immediately receive your country assignments after submission of the online Registration.
- To complete the Registration process to MMUN , each school must return to the site and log in using your school username and password in order to enter the name of each Delegate and parent/chaperone. The number of participants (delegates, parents, teachers) registered from each school by April 15th, 2013 cannot be decreased.
- The complete list of names for all Delegates, parents and chaperones attending MMUN must be submitted by May 15th, 2013 with no exception. This list will be submitted to the United Nations Security and cannot be modified.
- All communications with MMUN School Coordinators will be via e-mail. Please make sure you check your e-mail periodically to see all MMUN updates and announcements from organizers. If you are not getting regular emails from MMUN organizers, please contact
2014 MMUN CONFERENCES
Midwest Regional, Indiana
New York Middle School 7-9
New York Upper Elementary 4-6